CAT Notification 2019:-
Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) has organized Common Admission Test (CAT Notification 2019) for providing admission to postgraduate programmes in Business Administration. It is the gateway for admission to 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various B-schools located across the country.
This national level examination is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis. it will be conducted by IIM, Lucknow. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the CAT examination and the number is increasing year by year.
We will providing all the information related to CAT 2019 Application Form such as eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application fee, important dates, how to apply etc. are given below.
CAT 2019 Application Form
|Name of Test||Common Admission Test|
|Purpose of Test||Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ B-schools|
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)|
|Exam type||National Level|
|Commencement Of Application Form||—|
CAT Offered Courses 2019:
|1||PGPEM (Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management)|
|2||PGPBM (Post Graduate Programme in Business Management)|
|3||PGP (Post Graduate Programme)|
|4||PGPWE (Post Graduate Programme for Working Executive)|
|5||PGPPM (Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management)|
|6||EPGPM (Executive Post Graduate Programme)|
|7||PGPSM (Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets)|
|8||PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management)|
|9||PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)|
|10||PGPEX (Post Graduate Programme for Executives)|
|11||PGP-Mumbai (Post Graduate Programme at Mumbai)|
|12||PGP-ABM (Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management)|
|13||PGP-UAE (Post Graduate Programme at UAE)|
CAT Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD). If the obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree..
- The candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree and whose results are awaiting are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Non Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PWD Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
CAT Cutoff 2019:
CAT Result 2019
CAT Application Fee 2019:
|All other categories||Rs. 1900 + Transaction Procession Fee|
|SC, ST and PwD||Rs. 950 + Transaction Procession Fee|
CAT Exam Pattern 2019:
- Type: Computer based test (CBT).
- Duration:The duration of the paper CAT 2019 exam will be of 180 minutes.
- of Questions: 100 Objective type questions.
- Syllabus Covered:logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Time Limit per Section:Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Min|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Min|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Min|
CAT Syllabus 2019:
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Ability|
Caselets and Tables
Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
Line Charts & Pie Chart
Combination of two or more types linked to each other
Number and Letter Series
Calendars, Cubes and Clocks
Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
Grammar or English Usage
Correction in Sentence
Fill in the blanks
Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
Analogies and Reverse Analogies
Facts Inferences Judgements
LCM & HCF
Profit, Loss & Discount
Speed, Time & Distance
Time & Work
Simple & Compound Interest
Ratio & Proportion
Quadratic & Linear Equations
Sequences & Series
Surds & Indices
Probability, Permutation and Combination
Functions & Geometry
Mixtures & Alligations
Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Cutoff of IIMs
|DI & LR||70||50||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||65|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||55|
- Writing Ability Test (WAT) or
- Group Discussion (GD) and
- Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
IIMs Seats and Fee
|S.No.||IIMs||Fee (Lakh)||Number of Seats|
|1||Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||19.5||385|
|2||Indian Institute of Management Amritsar||9||60|
|3||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||18.7||412|
|4||Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya||11||60|
|5||Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||19||462|
|6||Indian Institute of Management Indore||13||550|
|7||Indian Institute of Management Kashipur||10.5||210|
|8||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||13.75||353|
|9||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||14||436|
|10||Indian Institute of Management Nagpur||10||60|
|11||Indian Institute of Management Raipur||10.26||210|
|12||Indian Institute of Management Ranchi||10.5||155|
|13||Indian Institute of Management Rohtak||10.5||170 – 180|
|14||Indian Institute of Management Shillong||12.68||120|
|15||Indian Institute of Management Trichy||10||120|
|16||Indian Institute of Management Udaipur||9.5||180|
|17||Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam||10.5||60|
|18||Indian Institute of Management, Jammu||10||45|
|19||Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur||10||140|
|20||Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur||9||60|
How to Apply CAT Online Form 2019:
- First of all the candidates have to go to the official website of the University.
- -Now the candidates have to find the link of the application form on the website.
- -Therefore you have to click on the link of the application form.
- -Application form will appear in front of you.
- -You have to enter the details in the application form.
- -Now you have to pay application fees.
- -Take the print of the application form.
|Notification Release||29th July 2018|
|Online Registration Starts||8th August 2018|
|Last date for Registration||26th September 2018|
|Image Correction||27th – 30th September 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||24th October 2018 onwards|
|Mock Test||17th October 2018|
|CAT Aptitude Test||25th November 2018|
|Cut Off Release||Last week of November 2018|
|Answer Key Release||1st week of December 2018|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|